All Landlords, Lettings Agents and Country Estates etc, need EPC's on their domestic rental properties which achieve an E or above - otherwise they will not be able to rent their properties out.


Many landlords are  having EPC's completed on all of their rental housing stock,to see where their properties are within the ratings and instigating  improvements to properties accordingly,to bring their property stock within the E rated criteria.


To discuss these requirements, please contact Lesley directly.


01362 668171 / 07748 486990



From the 1st April 2012, you have 7 days from marketing your property to obtain an Energy Performance Certificate.


The EPC has a shelf life of 10 years and is for the property and not the tenancy.



Holiday Let's



The CLG - Communities and Local Government,  sent out information confirming that:


In addition to domestic rental properties -  from the 30th June 2011, holiday-lets are now required to have an Energy Performance Certificate.


The guidance states that an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) must be obtained for properties that are rented out as holiday lets for 4 months or more in any 12 month period.


Holiday-lets are defined as a roofed construction having walls for which energy is used to condition the indoor environment [heated].

This definition excludes caravans, tents, mobile homes etc.



A fine of £200 will be imposed on property owners not adhering to the EPC legislation.